AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder Exam Feedback September 2019
I just passed the AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder Exam and would like to give you a quick rundown of the material I used to study and the areas that I focused on.
The exam consisted of 65 questions, not 80 as I suspected so it's more than enough time to go through all the questions multiple times.
The level of difficulty varies greatly during the exam, from the simplest questions to super-specific in-depth questions.
If you have taken other AWS exams you will find 5-6 questions related to your knowledge, the rest is Alexa specific. Have a look at Lambda, DynamoDB, S3 (permissions), CloudFront and Cloudwatch and your all set to go. So here are my exam tips:
- Whizlabs: Training set, great to find areas that you haven’t studied
- Alexa FAQ
- Alexa Cakewalk tutorial series
- AWS Exam Readiness on-demand video training
- Alexa study guide
- Official Example questions: Gives you a good idea on the type of questions
- If you have a voucher for the official practice test it’s well spent, if not I wouldn't spend the money.
- Lambda, DynamoDB, S3 (permissions), CloudFront and Cloudwatch
- Focus Areas
- Audioplayer interface, at least 3–4 questions
- Slot Types, Search Query, Elicit Slots
- Alexa for Business high level
- Valid Invocation names
- Alexa Analytics
- Progressive response
- Audio responses in SSML
- Manage Sessions in Alexa: Do the cakewalk example skill tutorial
- Certification Policy Examples
- Dialogue delegation
- Custom web endpoint requirements
- Test your Skill
I hope that this rundown helps you with your preparation, have success and let me know if you have any questions.